08 Mar '12
Things Satan likes about the church
- When we keep everyone programmed up in church so they don't bother their friends or community with the gospel.
- When we have so many boards and committees that it takes forever to get anything done or decided.
- When we hire people to do ministry so that others don't get trained or released into meaningful ministry
- When we preach self help sermons that don't go to the heart of the Gospel
- When we water down the text to make it non-offensive
- When we focus on programming and numbers rather than Gospel impact
- When we spend so much on our facilities that we don't have much left over for mission outreach
- When we teach people how to be a good evangelicals rather than focus on real transformation of their hearts, thinking, priorities and relationships
- When we get wrapped up in conflict so that we are distracted from our real mission
- When we have no clearly defined mission so everyone is comfortable and no one is seriously pushing into Satan's territory
- When we convince lay people that they are not really qualified to do real ministry by our professionalization of ministry
- When we confuse bringing people to church for bringing people to Jesus
- Our church growth methodology of simply outperforming other local churches so that we grow by transfer not evangelism leaving Satan's territory relatively unscathed
- Our ineffective boards that make for ineffective ministry