06 Oct '13
Signs that we live in grace
Posted by T.J. Addington in grace
How do we measure our grace quotient? Here are some signs to consider:
- I am at peace with Jesus knowing that He forgave my sin and does so daily. I have nothing to prove to Him.
- I readily extend that grace to other hurting and broken people without judgment even when I need to speak truth into their lives.
- I am more interested in the Holy Spirit working in the lives of others than I am in trying to do so myself although I will always loving help if needed.
- I do all that I can to live at peace with others rather than in conflict.
- I extend grace to those who treat me badly even if I need to confront the behavior.
- I intentionally go out of my way to give honor and dignity to those who need it no matter their situation.
- I go out of my way to extend help and honor to "the least of these."
- I have no one that I have not forgiven for offenses committed against me or others even when that forgiveness is hard and is done as an act of obedience.
- I am willing to tell people the truth in grace knowing that ignoring issues is not grace.
- I daily seek to live out the fruit of the Spirit in my relationships with the help of the Holy Spirit
- I seek to understand the situation of others when I am irritated with them.
- I seek to live generously rather than selfishly.
- I look to the gospels and the life of Jesus to understand what it means to live in grace and extend it to others.
- I daily ask Jesus for the grace to live in grace.